Identity Management for Unix Role RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a 12 DCs on my network and each site has 4 DCs. I want to add the IMU role, do I have to install it on one DC on the site or install it on all DCs in all sites. Is it okay to install this role on just one DC and unix devices can use this one DC?

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 1:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Janus,

>>do I have to install it on one DC on the site or install it on all DCs in all sites.

As far as I know, it needs to be installed on the primary domain controller, as well as on any backup domain controllers.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Janus Barinan Friday, April 8, 2016 1:29 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Janus,

>>do I have to install it on one DC on the site or install it on all DCs in all sites.

As far as I know, it needs to be installed on the primary domain controller, as well as on any backup domain controllers.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Janus Barinan Friday, April 8, 2016 1:29 AM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:31 AM
  • So essentially install it on all DCs right? All DCs are global catalogue and each DC would serve as a backup for the other DCs that might go down.
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 7:30 AM
  • Hi Janus,

>>So essentially install it on all DCs right?

Yes.

Best Regards,

Leo

Thursday, April 7, 2016 7:57 AM
  • Thanks very much!
    Friday, April 8, 2016 1:29 AM