Outlook Appointment Start/End Times - Can these be changed? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been asked to see if we can change the end time of an appointment in Outlook to be 5 minutes before the top and bottom of the hour so people will have 5 minutes to move from one meeting to another.

For example: Right now, if I schedule a meeting from 2:00PM to 2:30PM, the meeting ends at 2:30PM on people's calendars. What folks are asking for is to have the same meeting go from 2:00PM to 2:25PM. That remaining five minutes will allow people some time to get to their next meeting.

Thanks!

• Edited by SSemanco Tuesday, May 28, 2019 5:25 PM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 5:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Are you using an Office 365 account?

If so, please click File > Options > Calendar, on the Calendar options tab, enable "End appointment and meetings early".

If not, I’m afraid that there is not a direct way for this, then please use the way I mentioned above as a workaround.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by SSemanco Thursday, May 30, 2019 4:44 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You'd like to custom an appointment' start/end times rather than choosing the fixed time that Outlook provide, right?

That is achievable, you can enter any time you want to set when you are creating an appointment, just move the mouse cursor to the start/end time position.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 3:01 AM
  • Thanks Aidan, I believe they want to change the default to 25 and 55 so it populates automatically. Do you know of any way to change the default end times?

Thanks!
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Are you using an Office 365 account?

If so, please click File > Options > Calendar, on the Calendar options tab, enable "End appointment and meetings early".

If not, I’m afraid that there is not a direct way for this, then please use the way I mentioned above as a workaround.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

• Marked as answer by SSemanco Thursday, May 30, 2019 4:44 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:24 AM
  • Thanks Aidan!
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 4:44 PM
  • Aidan, just to make sure you are aware. These settings are available for on premise as well. You just have to use the O365 Pro Plus Outlook client version 1812 and up.

Thanks!

Suzy

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 2:55 PM
  • Hi Suzy,

Thanks for your sharing:)

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 1:13 AM