Automatically start and sign at windows log on RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I am wanted to force all laptop/desktop to launch skype for business 2016 and auto sign-in during the windows startup.

I have deployed the below registry key from GPO to launch Skype for business, but it wont automatically Login

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\lync.exe" /fromrunkey

Can you guide how this can be achieved for auto sign in at start up

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 7:13 PM

Answers

• Hi eliyas.khan,

I assume the client machines are all domain-joined, and user login machines with their domain accounts. Try to modify the following registries on client machine:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync

To Auto startup, the DWORD key is: AutoOpenMainWindowWhenStartup Value:1

To Auto Sign in, the DWORD key is: AutoSignInWhenUserSessionStarts Value:1

In my testing, after user logged in the machine, the Skype for Business client will start up and login as the machine account credential automatically.

You could do a test first in your environment to see if it works.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Domnick0012 Thursday, May 16, 2019 5:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by eliyas.khan Thursday, June 6, 2019 4:30 AM
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 5:34 AM

All replies

• Hi eliyas.khan,

I assume the client machines are all domain-joined, and user login machines with their domain accounts. Try to modify the following registries on client machine:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync

To Auto startup, the DWORD key is: AutoOpenMainWindowWhenStartup Value:1

To Auto Sign in, the DWORD key is: AutoSignInWhenUserSessionStarts Value:1

In my testing, after user logged in the machine, the Skype for Business client will start up and login as the machine account credential automatically.

You could do a test first in your environment to see if it works.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Domnick0012 Thursday, May 16, 2019 5:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by eliyas.khan Thursday, June 6, 2019 4:30 AM
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 5:34 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update about this case?

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:48 AM
  • I am checking the status of this case. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Meanwhile, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Monday, May 27, 2019 7:13 AM
    Friday, May 24, 2019 8:21 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Wednesday, June 5, 2019 9:28 AM
    Friday, May 31, 2019 9:28 AM