AppV 5 - "The package could not imported" RRS feed

• Question

• hi

when i try Add package to App-v publishing Server the following error occur.

The package at ********** could not be imported because the Management Server machine does not have access to the package.  To successfully import the package, it must have read access for machine account 'man.local\SERVER2$' or to 'Network Service' account if the package resides on a remote or local share, respectively.

what permission should i give to folder that have .appv software

Dear Problems ,You May Big But My God Is Bigger.

• Edited by YahyaZahedi Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:54 AM Correct content
    • Edited by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:49 AM added AppV version to title
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:49 AM

Answers

• Hello,

If you granted permissions both for the NTFS permissions and the share itself for the computer account - there shouldn't be a problem.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

• Marked as answer by YahyaZahedi Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:57 AM
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:57 AM
  • Domain / Forest functional level is not related to your issue. Znack's suggestion is correct - check NTFS and share permissions.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:48 AM

All replies

• hi

when i try Add package to App-v publishing Server the following error occur.

The package at ********** could not be imported because the Management Server machine does not have access to the package.  To successfully import the package, it must have read access for machine account 'man.local\SERVER2$' or to 'Network Service' account if the package resides on a remote or local share, respectively.

what permission should i give to folder that have .appv software

Think if find man answer.

I Create Share folder in windows Server 2008R2 .and domain function and forest function level is windows server 2012.

When i create share folder with same permision as 2008R2 on Server 2012 . i can connect and publish.

is this Conclusions correct ?

Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:08 AM
  • I honestly don't understand what you have done - but the error message spelled out the issue quite clearly;

The computer account needs to have access to the source-files. That can be assigned directly to the computer (domain\computername$) or to a general group which contains the computer accounts.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:11 AM
  • I honestly don't understand what you have done - but the error message spelled out the issue quite clearly;

The computer account needs to have access to the source-files. That can be assigned directly to the computer (domain\computername$) or to a general group which contains the computer accounts.

I do the step you said but it doesnt work.

i think because my windows server 2008r2 ais join to windows server2012 .

and i put domain and forest function level in server 2012 when i install AD DC . 

and  i create a share folder for app-v publishing manager , when i want to connect give above error but i create share folder in windows server 2012 and i can connect to virtual app for publishing without any problem .

So Sorry because bad writing English.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:25 AM
  • Hello,

If you granted permissions both for the NTFS permissions and the share itself for the computer account - there shouldn't be a problem.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:57 AM
  • Domain / Forest functional level is not related to your issue. Znack's suggestion is correct - check NTFS and share permissions.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:48 AM
  • I ran into this same issue. In your case you'll need to add man.local\SERVER2$ to the local admin group on the computer that hosts the share.
    Saturday, October 3, 2015 2:37 PM