How to add additional ADFS server in same farm but another Geo location using WID database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Windows 2012 R2 single FARM ADFS server with WID Configured. Now I trying to add additional ADFS server in Different location on existing farm. So I am getting attached snapshot error message.

Also need information of pre-requisites of Adding new ADFS server in existing farm.

Please help me to resolve this error.

Sunday, April 1, 2018 7:16 PM

All replies

• Howdie!

Is that ADFS server in the same Windows AD domain as the previous nodes in the same farm? What does "different location" in this context mean - just a different IP subnet/network? Are they routed, so you can access the Windows AD forest (AD LDAP, Kerberos) and the other ADFS nodes (HTTPS, HTTP)?

From the error message, it looks like there are a number things going wrong with the ADFS Service Account. Is that the same forest as the other nodes? Are the other nodes running correctly?

Thanks,

Florian

The views and opinions expressed in my postings do NOT necessarily correlate with the ones of my friends, family or my employer. Let's give the thread opener a chance to mark an answer themselves.

Monday, April 2, 2018 9:18 AM
  • Different location means I have 2 data-center and connected with MPLS.

Currently I have one ADFS server only on my forest (Primary ADFS Server). Trying to add one more server in same forest (farm). While adding server I am getting attached error message.

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 4:04 PM
  • Thanks Problem has been resolved.
    Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:05 AM
  • How was it resolved?

Monday, March 11, 2019 3:44 AM