Unable to connect the softgrid Client to Softgrid Server RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have installed Softgrid Server version 4.1.2.20 in Windows server 2003 SP2.I have also installed Softgrid Client version 4.1.2.21 in Windows XP SP1. In Softgrid Server the Softgrid Management Console uses port 80 to connect to the softgrid system. The Softgrid Client uses RTSP(Real Time Streaming Protocol) for connecting to server. when i try to connect to the Softgrid Server it shows the following error:

The SoftGrid Client could not update desktop configuration
    information from the server SOFTGRID-SERVER.

A network connection was not detected. Please check your
    network connection and try again.

Error code: 412015-16900F0A-10000001

Could anyone please help me to resolve thsi issue?

Also i want to know where can i get the manuals regarding the softgrid server installation and softgrid client installation and connectivity.

Thanks in advancce.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 5:26 AM

Answers

• Hello,

The error message, IMHO, states what's wrong: client apparently couldn't found any network connection present in your client machine.. Have you double-checked that your machine is in the network and NIC has address (DHCP?) too? Also, have you checked that network name SOFTGRID-SERVER resolves to actual IP-address of your SoftGrid Virtual Application Server (VAS) machine?

I think that the documentation should be together with the server installation package, but I'm not entirely sure about that..

br,

Kalle

Sunday, May 4, 2008 8:02 PM
  • Kalle is probably spot on here! I would certainly look at your VAS name as the starting point, can you resolve it and if you are using an environmental variable can that be resolved? (or has the ev even been set?)

I would use kb930702 as a guide (link... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930702 )

let us know the results and than we can start to drill into this a bit further....

JZ

http://blogs.technet.com/virtualworld

Saturday, May 24, 2008 10:04 AM

All replies