Support Phone Sign-in on Microsoft Authenticator app of Windows 10 Mobile ? RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any plan to support Phone Sign-in on Microsoft Authenticator app of Windows 10 Mobile ?
    I want to use Phone Sign-in by Windows 10 Mobile.

I use Windows 10 Mobile for main purpose, and Android for backup/test/research purposes.
    and I can enable Microsoft Authenticator app of Android to Phone Sign-in.

Related blog post: "No password Phone-Sign-in for Microsoft Acounts"
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2017/04/18/no-password-phone-sign-in-for-microsoft-accounts/

I want to use my Windows 10 Mobile for Phone sign-in for my Microsoft accounts.

Regards,
    Yoshihiro Kawabata

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:30 PM

Answers

• Yes, 5% market share.  Now if only there was some way to help improve that market share and make that phone better.  OH I KNOW, let's see if there is anyone at the company that makes Windows Phone that can help out!!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH COMPANY MAKES THE WINDOWS PHONE???

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:41 AM
  • Alex Simons just updated the blog with the following details:

[Update 4/18/17 3:08pm Pacific: A few people have asked if this works with Windows Phone version Microsoft Authenticator. Windows Phone makes up <5% of the active users of our Authenticator Apps so we have prioritized getting this working with iOS and Android for now. If/When it becomes a big success on those high scale platforms, we will evaluate adding support for Windows Phone.]

Santhosh Sivarajan | Houston, TX | www.sivarajan.com
    ITIL,MCITP,MCTS,MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),Network+,CCNA

My Books: | Windows Server Security | Windows Server 2012

Blogs | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook|

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:27 PM

All replies

• Alex Simons just updated the blog with the following details:

[Update 4/18/17 3:08pm Pacific: A few people have asked if this works with Windows Phone version Microsoft Authenticator. Windows Phone makes up <5% of the active users of our Authenticator Apps so we have prioritized getting this working with iOS and Android for now. If/When it becomes a big success on those high scale platforms, we will evaluate adding support for Windows Phone.]

Santhosh Sivarajan | Houston, TX | www.sivarajan.com
    ITIL,MCITP,MCTS,MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),Network+,CCNA

My Books: | Windows Server Security | Windows Server 2012

Blogs | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook|

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:27 PM
  • Thank you Alex Simons for your reply.

and I hope this big success on high scale platforms, iOS, Android.
    for your adding support Windows Phone.

Regards,
    Yoshihiro Kawabata

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:22 PM
  • Yes, 5% market share.  Now if only there was some way to help improve that market share and make that phone better.  OH I KNOW, let's see if there is anyone at the company that makes Windows Phone that can help out!!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH COMPANY MAKES THE WINDOWS PHONE???

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:41 AM