onedrive copy/paste link edge RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, I had this problem with windows 8.0, 8.1 an now 10.

Whenever I copy a link from onedrive to the clipboard and than try and paste it to a web site, either in IE 10, 11 or now edge, the system will not respond. The only way I used to get it to work was to first paste it into notepad, highlight it again, copy and paste it into the website msg. Has anyone figured this out yet????????

• Edited by Cyberwasp Sunday, September 27, 2015 11:21 PM
    Sunday, September 27, 2015 11:20 PM

All replies

• Slowness could be because of formatted text. 

Same applies to a formatted text in Word, when you copy and paste the same to a different application. 
    It would slow down the system. 

What's you system config ? 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Wednesday, November 18, 2015 2:31 AM
    Sunday, September 27, 2015 11:24 PM
  • HP H8-1080t 6 core i73.2ghz

12g ram

ati 7750hd 2g video

500g Samsung ssd

windows 10 update

up to date drivers

Sunday, September 27, 2015 11:35 PM
  • Hi Cyberwasp,

Did the issue only occur when we copy link from OneDrive or other websites, too?

First of all, please run "sfc/scannow" or "dism/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth" to check the health of system files.

We could try to run "iexplore.exe-extoff" to open theInternet Explorer without add-ons to have a check.

Please also try to perform a clean boot to verify whether this issue is caused by a third party service.
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 9:14 AM
  • I did as suggestion and did no come up with any corruption. Also ran I-explorer without any addons. This is not just effecting my system as I've seen many others with the same issue.
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 1:05 PM