Desktop icons won't go to bottom RRS feed

• General discussion

• If you use 2 rows of the taskbar, then desktop icons refuse to go to the bottom of the destkop, unless the entire column has icons.  Just a little weird thing I noticed.
    Sunday, July 5, 2009 3:49 AM

All replies

• I just tried this on my Windows 7 x64 install and was unable to reproduce the issue. Do you have "align icons to grid" checked? I tried this as well.
    Sunday, July 5, 2009 5:16 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting.

I also have tested this on my test machine and this issue didn’t occur. Please also check if the Taskbar has been locked.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Monday, July 6, 2009 9:07 AM
  • I cannot reproduce either, as Lead3 mentioned, you might have it locked to grid.
    Monday, July 6, 2009 7:49 PM
  • If you use 2 rows of the taskbar, then desktop icons refuse to go to the bottom of the destkop, unless the entire column has icons.  Just a little weird thing I noticed.

I think y'all got it wrong: see the "2 rows of taskbar" part. It looks like he has taskbar in 2 rows, and he wants the taskbar icons go in 2 rows. This has nothing to do with desktop or grid or anything. ;)

Currently this is not possible, but would be good to have. If you ask me, it should already be there.

Regards,
    Kristaps.

P.S.: Epic shoop is epic.
    Monday, July 6, 2009 10:47 PM
  • If I unlock the taskbar and give more space to another part of the taskbar -- say the Address tool (thankfully it has returned) -- then I can force more icons to the 2nd row.  However, I would like to be able to resize the "system tray" portion of the task bar.  And it won't let me do that.

Also, I have told Windows 7 to show some icons and notification, but it still doesn't. 

For example, I have FileZilla configured to "Show icon and notifications."  But the icon does not appear in my system tray.  I have to click the up arrow there to see those icons.  I would like it visible all the time.  Anyone know how to fix this?

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 3:47 PM
  • I have also tried checking the box to show all notifications and icons.  It still doesn't do it.  I'm using build 7100 (RC).
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 3:48 PM
  • I forgot that I have the display size set to 125% (medium) and my resolution is 1920 x 1080. There is plenty of room down there at the bottom, but the icons just won't go down there.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 4:02 PM