How to add Signature in outlook in new email or reply/forward after disabling using GPO? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i just disabled outlook signature using GPO as described on codetwo site

now the problem is if a user create new or reply to an email existing signature is not there.

the scenario is user should not change their signature it has to be through IT.

Note. we are not looking third party solution.

Regards.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 12:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you disable it via User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Microsoft Outlook 2016 > Outlook Options > Mail Format > Do not allow signature for email messages? 

I saw that you have disabled signature in Outlook client via GPO, so of course the existing signature is disabled too.

If you'd like to disable the ability to create new signature but the existing signature be still available, please refer to this articel. (Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 28, 2020 2:12 AM
  • Hi,

i also tried this solution but the issue is same. everything disabled but cannot add existing signature in (new or Reply) email.

Monday, March 2, 2020 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Then I'm afraid that it has been changed now: you can't set the existing signature be still available with the ability to create new signature dsabled.

Once signature feature is disabled in Outlook, all signature related items will be disabled.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 6:47 AM
  • well i tried to make things work with the help of that link you shared. but now the problem is. some users have multiple accounts and send email on behalf of that account. now the signature not attached on second account.
    Tuesday, March 3, 2020 2:23 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

One signature is only available to one account, if you'd like to apply that signature to a second account(Or additional account), it is required to create a new signature for it.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 7:07 AM