none
Restrict Web access to locally created user accounts

Question

• HELP!!

Running Windows Server 2012 R2 with Windows 7 clients and found out recently that any locally created user account (Not default local accounts) in my domain can access the internet.  I'm thinking its because instead of using the users authentication to the resource it's somehow using the workstations authentication to access this resource.  Problem is, I'm not sure where to start in my search! Would this be found in my workstation OU or my user OU?  How do I prevent this from happening?? 

PLEASE HELP!!! :-)

Lexi

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 9:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Lexi,

>>found out recently that any locally created user account (Not default local accounts) in my domain can access the internet

Did you mean that when you use new created local user accounts login local computer, they could access the internet?

If so, please use ipconfig /all to check the related IP address configurations to see if the IP address is correct.

Besides, I need more information for troubleshooting, e.g. did you have configured some other applications and etc?

Best regards,

Andy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:08 AM