Vista upgrade from Home Premium to Business RRS feed

• Question

• If I upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Vista Business, will I lose the media capabilities of home premium?  I'm talking about Movie Maker, Media Center, DVD Maker, etc.

I assume the Business upgrade will allow easy attachemnt to server 2003 networks using ConnectComputer and will get me out of Vista network purgatory.

Bob
    Thursday, March 6, 2008 11:43 PM

Answers

• There is no direct upgrade path from Vista Home Premium to Vista Business.  A "clean install" of Vista Business would be required.  I would recommend upgrading to Vista Ultimate in order to retain the Vista Home Premium features such as Windows Media Center.

Friday, March 7, 2008 5:27 PM
  • If you have the money go for ultimate. It should cover all the bells and whistles your looking for and can be updated through anytime update feature.
    Saturday, March 8, 2008 2:33 AM
  •  

Hi bobpride,

You can refer to the following site to compare the features among different versions of Windows Vista:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/choose.mspx

Tim Quan - MSFT

Monday, March 10, 2008 6:16 AM

All replies

• There is no direct upgrade path from Vista Home Premium to Vista Business.  A "clean install" of Vista Business would be required.  I would recommend upgrading to Vista Ultimate in order to retain the Vista Home Premium features such as Windows Media Center.

Friday, March 7, 2008 5:27 PM
  • If you have the money go for ultimate. It should cover all the bells and whistles your looking for and can be updated through anytime update feature.
    Saturday, March 8, 2008 2:33 AM
  •  

Hi bobpride,

You can refer to the following site to compare the features among different versions of Windows Vista:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/choose.mspx

Tim Quan - MSFT

Monday, March 10, 2008 6:16 AM