MDT Error RRS feed

All replies

• Make sure you are including the network drivers in your Windows PE creation.

Right-click your deployment share and select "Properties".

Go to the "Windows PE" tab, then the "Drivers and Patches" Tab below.

Make sure you select the proper Platform from the dropdown: x86 or x64.

Choose appropriate selection profile from dropdown.  If you have not created any, then choose "All Drivers and Packages"

Select either "Include all drivers from the selection profile", or select the ones you may need to perform a deployment, ex: 'include all network drivers", etc...

Make sure you update your deployment share when done and replace any .wim / .iso files in WDS or on CDs/DVDs/USB sticks/etc...

If all that looks good, make sure you're either on the same subnet as the deployment server, or you have layer 3 routed access to the deployment server (consult your network team for assistance).

Hope that helps!

Friday, May 8, 2015 2:04 PM
  • When is this error happening? If it's happening before MDT can laydown and image, then you don't have the right drivers for PE. After you added your drivers, did you "Update Deployment Share" so it could build a new bootable image if needed?

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Proposed as answer by Dan_Vega Friday, May 15, 2015 3:23 PM
    Friday, May 8, 2015 2:06 PM
  • Thanks for the info, i had actually done all that and still got the errors but the problem is now solved. 

The LAN driver needed for the PXE boot was not included in the Driver package i downloaded from the Fujitsu website. I learnt this is typical with new models.

AFter checking the LAN driver details of an Out of the box OEM version and comparing it with the drivers downloaded we realised a difference. The LAN drivers from fujistu were not the recent drivers for that Model(Lifebook S395)

Via Intel, we downloaded the recent LAN driver again and imported it again, updated the deployment share, replaced the boot image and it worked.

Friday, May 15, 2015 6:36 AM
  • Thanks for the info, i had actually done all that and still got the errors but the problem is now solved. 

The LAN driver needed for the PXE boot was not included in the Driver package i downloaded from the Fujitsu website. I learnt this is typical with new models.

AFter checking the LAN driver details of an Out of the box OEM version and comparing it with the drivers downloaded we realised a difference. The LAN drivers from fujistu were not the recent drivers for that Model(Lifebook S395)

Via Intel, we downloaded the recent LAN driver again and imported it again, updated the deployment share, replaced the boot image and it worked.

Friday, May 15, 2015 6:37 AM