SIP/2.0 485 Ambiguous problem. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

I am running OCS 2007 R2 with SIP Trunking. I have 2 phone numbers(+xxx1 and +xxx2) provided me by my phone service provider. I made two workflows in Response Group Service, one for +xxx1 and one for +xxx2. I've also set the LineUri for each user using the second number plus some extension number (tel:+xxx2;ext=yy). When I place a call from outside to the first number everything works fine, but when I dial the second number I am receiving 485 Ambiguous. When I remove phone numbers from users (LineUri), incoming calls made to +xxx2 are handled by the workflow correctly, but this way the users cannot place a outside call.

Can someone suggest any solution for this problem?

Thanks.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 10:07 AM

All replies

• You cannot use the same phone number for LineUri in format +1478555xxxx;ext=xxxx AND for Auto Attendant, Client Access or Workflow. 485 Ambiguous will always be returned in this scenario.

Drago

http://ocsdude.blogspot.com | MVP Snom OCS Edition
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 12:41 PM
  • Hi Drago,

Thanks for your answer.

I removed the workflow and the contact object trough RGSCOT and I still have this problem. However, I am wondering in that case how the incoming call to this number should be handled?

What I want to achieve is, when incoming call to each of my DiD comes to be handled by either a user or response group, and all users to be able to make outgoing calls.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:42 PM
  • I forgot to mention – same does apply to inbound calls as well.

In this case, you can provision a fake number as +14785550000 and ;ext=xxxx i.e. the a number which is different from the real DID. The problem will be that this “fake” number will be shown as Caller ID to the called party. You could rewrite this fake number to the RGS real number on the gateway side (if you use one) or ask the provider to so (very unlikely – the SIP trunk providers avoiding this due to possible legal issues in feature).

Have you considered Lync  yet? Lync can do a trunk CID rewrite and so, any call from inside will be presented with a Caller ID you specify.

Drago

Thursday, January 13, 2011 2:54 PM
  • Cestita Nova Godina.

Angel, will you get back with me, please :-) drago at windstream.net

Drago

Thursday, January 13, 2011 5:36 PM
  • Hi Drago,

Chestita Nova Godina i na teb. :)

Thanks for the suggestion to provide fake numbers. I was able to convince our provider to rewrite the fake number that they receive from us to real one on their site.

What we did was to add the extension number to real one and the provider just cut the last 2 digits. This way it seems to work Ok.

Thanks again.

Angel.

Friday, January 14, 2011 9:57 AM