Strange cd/DVD driver problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I just downloaded windows 7 RC 32 bits and I got this message when I click on the button "install now":

A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk,cd,dvd,or usb flash drive,please insert it now.
    Note: if the windows installation media is in the cd/dvd drive,you can safely remove it fot this step.

I just happened to have the drivers backup from vista, but when I try to browse to the folder I get a message that no new devices were found.

The strange thing is that I can browse on the DVD from where Im installing and I can see the files, actually the installer boot from the DVD.

I tried the following:
    -Allow/disable 32bit IDE access mode for both hard drive and DVD in all combinations off/off, on/on, off/on, on/off. The bios setup does not have many options to configure such as achi, etc.
    -Burn the DVD at a lower speed (2x) even with another software

My computer is a Gateway M-6862 Laptop with the following specifications:
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T5750
    4096 MB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2 × 2048)
    ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2600 XT PCI Express Graphics
    250 GB 5400 RPM SATA hard driv
    OptiArc DVD RW AD-7563A

The only thing I could think of is that the download is corrupt, I downloaded the iso with Firefox and paused and resumed many times, maybe the download went corrupt.

-Is there any way to check the iso file for integrity?
    -I have a card reader, could I install from an SD card? dont have a usb larger than 2GB at the moment
    -Any other things to try?

Thanks in advance
    Friday, May 8, 2009 7:25 AM

Answers

• It turned out that the ISO was someway corrupted. I just redownloaded it and everything worked. They should put the checksum on the download page so we can diagnostic this problems
    • Marked as answer by Nick FV Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:32 PM
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 10:11 AM

All replies

• I get just the same message box and cannot make the installation proceed. This is with a Dell Optiplex 755 core-duo, so not exactly an old machine. I'm still exploring BIOS settings and downloading the ISO image again, but will welcome any helpful suggestions.
    Ta.
    Friday, May 8, 2009 1:51 PM
  • I am seeing this issue also with a Dell GX 620
    I found this article but the work around does not work with this dell.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952951

Friday, May 8, 2009 2:29 PM
  • I am having the same problem (A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing) I downloaded my form MS I have the driver disk that came with the drive(Plextor SATA drive).
    I tried finding the driver on the cd but no luck!!!!
    Friday, May 8, 2009 4:53 PM
  • It turned out that the ISO was someway corrupted. I just redownloaded it and everything worked. They should put the checksum on the download page so we can diagnostic this problems
    • Marked as answer by Nick FV Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:32 PM
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 10:11 AM
  • I am having the same issue with my acer. is there a solution? I have re burned th iso two times. What should i try next?
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 2:00 AM