none
Users cannot access public folders after O365 migration RRS feed

• Question

• We have a hybrid set up between O365 and our Exchange 2013 server. Migrating users from on prem seems to work fine. After migration is complete, user can access their mailbox fine. But when they try to access public folders on the 2013 server, they get messages like “Cannot display the folder.” 

The only fix is to have them create a new mail profile. While using their new profile, there is no problem with public folders. It also seems to work if we turn off cached mode. So to summarize:

- If cached mode is left on, they are able to browse the public folder tree. But if they try to view the contents of any public folder, they get back :

- If cached mode is turned off and Outlook restarted, they can see the contents of the public folders.

- If we create a new mail profile for them with cached mode enabled, they can see the contents of the public folders.

- Simply deleting the cache file does not fix this.

Any ideas what could be done to skip creating a new mail profile? I don't see why enabling cached mode on the existing profile breaks this. 
    Thursday, May 14, 2020 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

Welcome to our forum.

I researched a lot about your situation and also consulted with colleagues for Exchange online support. I'm afraid that it is normal and we could not skip creating a new mail profile. After migration, there might be something in your profile needed to be updated with the mail server. It is not suggested for you to skip creating a new mail profile and use other possible ways which have not been confirmed, because that may cause more issues to you.Thanks for your understanding and support.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 9:13 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 3, 2020 7:25 AM