none
Unexpected Error in PQ RRS feed

• Question

• Hi : In my work O365 account in PQ I get an error. Its been some time I have been getting this error, may be bug. When I go to the query editor (inside a query) sometimes it shows complete blank (nothing at all). Please see the link as per below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3q2rt2vcd7nm50/Screenshot.docx.xlsx?dl=0

Monday, May 20, 2019 11:05 AM

Answers

• Hello,

the blank window is an issue that we have seen quite a few times, but unfortunately we don't seem to have a fix for it yet. Would you be able to share the following information:

1. Excel version you are using (you can find that by going to File -> Account -> About Excel). It should be in the format 16.0.xxxxx.xxxxx 32-bit

2. Do you have any custom Excel add-in installed?

3. When the editor shows up as blank, are you able to close it by clicking on the X button? Does pressing ALT+F4 has any effect? Also, are you able to interact with any ribbon button?

To continue the investigation on our side it would be great if you could share a process dump when the issue occurs. Basically, right when the Power Query editor window shows up as blank you would have to:

1. Open the task manager (right click on the task bar and select "Task Manager")

2. In the list of apps, right-click on Excel and press on "Create dump file"

3. Share the created dmp file with us (it's a pretty big file)

This would allow us to dig deeper into the issue and hopefully come up with a solution for it.

Thanks,

Francesco.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 4:05 PM

All replies

• When you get this error, can you click Copy Details and paste the stack trace portion of the details here?

Thanks,
    Ehren

Monday, May 20, 2019 8:51 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Ehren:

Please see the screen shots below in the link below. I have been encountering this for quite some time 

Screen shot

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:18 AM
  • The screenshots in the second link you shared are different than in the first one. Is the second one (showing a blank query editor) the correct set of images?

Thanks,
    Ehren

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 5:32 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Ehren: Sorry I didn't explain clearly. Second set of screen shots I have getting for quite some (couple of months) especially when try to append files from a folder.

At the time when I first posted this issue I have encountered with a another problem (its was one-off) and I screen shoted it and included in my post. I thought, the first and second shots are causing from the same problem.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:31 PM
  • Hello,

the blank window is an issue that we have seen quite a few times, but unfortunately we don't seem to have a fix for it yet. Would you be able to share the following information:

1. Excel version you are using (you can find that by going to File -> Account -> About Excel). It should be in the format 16.0.xxxxx.xxxxx 32-bit

2. Do you have any custom Excel add-in installed?

3. When the editor shows up as blank, are you able to close it by clicking on the X button? Does pressing ALT+F4 has any effect? Also, are you able to interact with any ribbon button?

To continue the investigation on our side it would be great if you could share a process dump when the issue occurs. Basically, right when the Power Query editor window shows up as blank you would have to:

1. Open the task manager (right click on the task bar and select "Task Manager")

2. In the list of apps, right-click on Excel and press on "Create dump file"

3. Share the created dmp file with us (it's a pretty big file)

This would allow us to dig deeper into the issue and hopefully come up with a solution for it.

Thanks,

Francesco.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 4:05 PM
  • 1808 (build 10730.20304)

Bex Analyser add-in

The application freezes completely none of the ribbon button work. I click on the shut down in the start menu but when it ask me " Shut anyway" or "cancel" i click on the cancel. As soon as I do that I get a message from PQ if I want to discard or keep the query. Then I discard the query and use again.

As soon as I do the process dump I will share it with you.

Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:25 AM