none
Information Rights Management (IRM): There was a problem while creating the generic issuance license template. &&& There was a problem while getting the license template issuer list after connecting to the Online RMS server instance. RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed AD RMS on server, able to browse to those urls certification. license, etc..

But when I try to integrate with SharePoint 2013, I get as error says "The required Active Directory Rights Management Service Client (MSIPC.DLL) is present but could not be configured properly. IRM will not work until the client is configured properly.

And these are the events that are being generated each time when I try to connect to AD RMS from SharePoint.

5144:

Information Rights Management (IRM): There was a problem while creating the generic issuance license template.

All issuance licenses for protected documents are constructed from a generic, base issuance license template.

Additional Data

Error value: 0x800704CF

5823:

Information Rights Management (IRM): There was a problem while getting the license template issuer list after connecting to the Online RMS server instance. Error value: 0x800704CF.

Can someone please help me how to get it resolved?

Thanks!!

Thanks, Hitchs

Monday, August 25, 2014 8:33 PM

All replies

• Hi again,

Please do not start the same thread if your previous one with the same question hasn't been answered! http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2ddc4001-2cbd-41cb-92ac-3be870052c3f/ad-rms-standalone-installation-for-sharepoint-2013?forum=rms 

Did my post help you or make you laugh? Don't forget to click the Helpful vote :) If I answered your question please mark my post as an Answer.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 5:10 PM
  • it worked with after enable inhertance in advansed security settings for file ServerCertification.asmx 

Faisal Shaheen Senior System Administrator EL Sewedy Cables

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 9:35 AM
  • Hi,

I am currently setting up the AD RMS. I encounter the same error when trying to integrate with my SharePoint 2013 IRM. Below is my setup.

Server01 

AD DS + AD RMS + SQL Server

Server02

SharePoint 2013

From my setup, is it possible for me to implement AD RMS here or I have messed it up here already. Please help.

Thank you.

Kay

Saturday, August 27, 2016 4:18 AM