none
Mailbox connection problems

Question

• I have a local Exchange 2013 running and everything works fine except for one user. When the users starts Outlook he gets an error 8004011D + 80040115, saying that the server is not reachable. He gets the same error when he tries to start Outlook from our terminal server, so it looks like it has something to do with his exchange mailbox. If I try to create a new profile on his local pc, the user gets verified without problems, but when I start Outlook I get the same error message. If I try to make a new profile with another mailbox user, it connects without problem.

The user also has outlook installed on his home pc, and this connects without problems by using Outlook Anywhere.

Jørgen Olesen

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 1:28 PM

Answers

• I scheduled a restart of the server last night, and this morning the user doesn´t have any problems.

The problem occured only on one user and only when he was working from a computer in the house.

I have checked the intenal autodiscover url and it return error 600.

Jørgen Olesen

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 12:36 PM

All replies

• I have a local Exchange 2013 running and everything works fine except for one user. When the users starts Outlook he gets an error 8004011D + 80040115, saying that the server is not reachable. He gets the same error when he tries to start Outlook from our terminal server, so it looks like it has something to do with his exchange mailbox. If I try to create a new profile on his local pc, the user gets verified without problems, but when I start Outlook I get the same error message. If I try to make a new profile with another mailbox user, it connects without problem.

The user also has outlook installed on his home pc, and this connects without problems by using Outlook Anywhere.

Jørgen Olesen

What CU are you running on Exchange?  What version of Outlook are you running?  Does OWA work internally?  Have you had anyone check the network?  

Are there any load balancers involved?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:18 PM
  • Hello Jorgen

Thanks for the question.

It is a OST related error which having sync issue.

Please use scanpst if Outlook 2013 or scanost if earlier version of outlook to scan the ost file and fix corruption.

Please mark as an answer if this answers your question .

PREM RANA

MCSE Exchange 2013, MCSA 2012 Server MCTS Exchange 2007,

2010, MCITP Exchange 2007, 2010 MCSE 2003 Server,

MCSA Exchange 2003 ITIL V3 Foundation

https://ranaprem.wordpress.com/

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:12 PM
  • Exchange 2013 CU7 / Outlook 2013 / OWA Works fine internal / No Network problems

Jørgen Olesen

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:49 PM
  • It's not an OST related problem, that was actually one of the first things that I have checked.

I have tried to create a new profile with caching disabled and the problem was the same.

Jørgen Olesen

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:51 PM
  • It's not an OST related problem, that was actually one of the first things that I have checked.

I have tried to create a new profile with caching disabled and the problem was the same.

Jørgen Olesen

You might have to pop into the IIS logs and the RPC\HTTP logs on the CAS server and see if there are any errors.  The fact that it works externally makes me think the account is ok.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

• Proposed as answer by Prem P Rana Wednesday, November 4, 2015 2:47 PM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:31 PM
  • Hello Jorgen,

Please use the test connectivity and update

https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

Regards,

Praveen

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts @ Techrid.com

• Proposed as answer by Praveen Eppili Wednesday, November 4, 2015 5:26 PM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 8:35 PM

Jørgen Olesen

Hi,

Please confirm whether other users encounter this Outlook connection issue.

I notice that the issue only happens when the user connect to Exchange server internally in Outlook. Please run the Test E-mail AutoConfiguration tool in client side to check the autodiscover service for this user:

Open Outlook - press CTRL key - right click on the Outlook icon from right bottom corner taskbar - Test Email AutoConfiguration. Put your email address - uncheck use guessmart and secure guessmart authentication - click Test to check your Autodiscover service. Share the tool results here with the Log information.

In Exchange server, please run the following command:

Get-ClientAccessServer | FL Identity,AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri

Then directly access the AutodiscoverServiceInternalUri from Internet Explorer to confirm whether an Error 600 returns.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Prem P Rana Wednesday, November 4, 2015 2:47 PM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 2:14 AM
  • I scheduled a restart of the server last night, and this morning the user doesn´t have any problems.

The problem occured only on one user and only when he was working from a computer in the house.

I have checked the intenal autodiscover url and it return error 600.

Jørgen Olesen

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 12:36 PM