Incompatibility of Microsoft LifeCam with Skype. RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased MS LifeCam 3.0 which works with Windows 7 (64bit) on my computer but although the box stated that it was Skype compatible when I try to video call a message appears that this Webcam is not compatible and that i should contact MS for drivers.

Thank you

Monday, August 23, 2010 1:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

Please make sure your Skype version is compatible with Windows 7 which downloaded from the Skype official website. After that, please download the latest driver for your Lifecam in Microsoft official website http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/windows7/support.mspx ,then reboot to see if the issue persists.

Meanwhile, try to use your LifeCam with other communication software like MSN, if it works, please contact Skype support for further research, I suspect the compatibility might be the main reason.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:04 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 8:20 AM