Not Publishing Application to Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• My appv server (4.5) will not publish the applications to user desktops.  I can telnet to the server from dekstops so my systems can see my appv server as per http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appvbeta/thread/edf1fc97-fd63-48fd-9e21-bd4af5a04be9   My Users group (in Provider Polices) is populated with the correct group.  I can not even get the default application to publish to users desktops. 

Any suggestions.

Thanks.
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 12:35 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Have you read the log-file on the client to determine any possible root causes?

/Znack
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 5:20 AM
  • Most common reasons for the DefaultApp not showing up:
    - In the OSD file, RTSPS ... 332 has not been replaced by RTSP ...554
    - in the Server Management Console:
    -- the full path to the OSD/Icon files have not been set
    -- no checkbox has been selected in the DefaultApplication's "Shortcuts" tab

As Znack suggested, check the client log (sftlog.txt)

Falko
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, March 5, 2010 4:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:49 PM
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:57 PM
  • Thanks for the replies.  My log files didn't reveal anything, only oery basic info.  I have since changed the logging level though. 

What ended up being my solution was deleting the package from the client.  I think I may have created multiple packages with the same name (new at creating App-V packages). As soon as I deleted the package, a new icon appeared on my desktop.  So now to go figure why my app won't run.  The increased logging is providing good info though.  
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, March 5, 2010 4:56 AM
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 10:32 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you read the log-file on the client to determine any possible root causes?

/Znack
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 5:20 AM
  • Most common reasons for the DefaultApp not showing up:
    - In the OSD file, RTSPS ... 332 has not been replaced by RTSP ...554
    - in the Server Management Console:
    -- the full path to the OSD/Icon files have not been set
    -- no checkbox has been selected in the DefaultApplication's "Shortcuts" tab

As Znack suggested, check the client log (sftlog.txt)

Falko
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, March 5, 2010 4:55 AM
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:57 PM
  • Thanks for the replies.  My log files didn't reveal anything, only oery basic info.  I have since changed the logging level though. 

What ended up being my solution was deleting the package from the client.  I think I may have created multiple packages with the same name (new at creating App-V packages). As soon as I deleted the package, a new icon appeared on my desktop.  So now to go figure why my app won't run.  The increased logging is providing good info though.  
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, March 5, 2010 4:56 AM
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 10:32 PM