none
Time for Offline Backup will be available at azure backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

If I send to Azure my external hard disks containing the initial backup copy (offline backup), After how much time this offline backup will be available for DPM(for subsequent take express full backups)?

Thanks!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:42 PM

Answers

• The image above is an internal 3.5” SATA disk, which is supported by the service.

Can you connect this directly to the server you are using to prepare the disk? If not, please use one of the recommended external USB-SATA adaptors that are listed in our documentation.

Hope this helps, if it does mark as answered, thanks.

• Marked as answer by SCCMadmin09 Tuesday, October 6, 2015 2:57 AM
    Monday, October 5, 2015 10:05 PM

All replies

• I would like to assist, can you give me more info on your question again in detail? 
    Wednesday, September 30, 2015 4:51 AM
  • Thanks Blain for your response.

If I create the initial backup copy following this article: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/backup-azure-backup-import-export/

and this backup takes 6-7TB. Then I send to azure all of the external hard drives (5. Next, select your data center region from the list. The data center region will indicate the data center and address to which you must ship your package. from the above article).

I need to know, after the disk that I ship to azure is at azure datacenter, after how much time I can execute the following: 7. Ship the disk and enter the tracking number to track the status of the shipment. Once the disk arrives in the datacenter, it is copied to the storage account and the status is updated.(from above article).

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 4:33 PM
  • I checking for more the details.. More soon.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 5:49 PM
  • The time it takes to process an
    import/export job varies depending on different factors, like shipping time,
    job type, type and size of data being copied, size of disks provided, etc. It
    is difficult to say exactly how long it will take to finish a job. Service
    currently doesn’t have an SLA.

However, as a rough guideline a
    4TB disk with very large files (GB size files), after being received at data
    center, could take about 4-5 days to complete copying.

Let me know if you need more
    details or have a specific scenario you would like to discuss.

If you think I answered this mark as answered, thanks.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 6:09 PM
  • Hi Blain,

Thanks for your response.

The above article states the following: 5. External SATA drive writer and an external 3.5 Inch SATA drive. Only 3.5 inch SATA II/III hard drives are supported for use with the Import/Export service. Hard drives larger than 6TB are not supported. You can attach a SATA II/III disk externally to most computers using a SATA II/III USB Adapter. Check the Azure Import/Export documentation for the latest set of drives which are supported by the service.

I was wondering if is it possible to use the following external sata drives:

http://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-316

Thanks!

Thursday, October 1, 2015 10:20 PM
  • Or,

Must I send disks like the following?:

Thanks in advance!

Friday, October 2, 2015 3:33 PM
  • The image above is an internal 3.5” SATA disk, which is supported by the service.

Can you connect this directly to the server you are using to prepare the disk? If not, please use one of the recommended external USB-SATA adaptors that are listed in our documentation.

Hope this helps, if it does mark as answered, thanks.

• Marked as answer by SCCMadmin09 Tuesday, October 6, 2015 2:57 AM
    Monday, October 5, 2015 10:05 PM
  • Thanks Blain.
    Tuesday, October 6, 2015 2:57 AM
  • Anytime
    Sunday, October 18, 2015 5:46 PM