Elevated Administrator prompt to ask for PIN rather than password RRS feed

• Question

• I was forwarded to TechNet by a loal MS User Forum administrator. I hope this question is at the right place.

On My PC I have set the regular user accounts to 'normal users' with limited rights, so no harm can be done.
    For program installation and other administrative tasks I enabled the internal Administrator account.

Sometimes, when I'm logged in as a regular user, I want to quickly run an installer to update a program. This is when the UAC prompts me for the Administator password.
    Now, the Administrator account does have a PIN that I can use at the  Windows login screen. Yet the UAC prompt asks me for the password. It would be so much more convenient if this too would request the PIN.

Is there a way to change the behaviour so that the UAC prompts for the Administrator PIN, rather than the password? A registry hack perhaps?

Stephan

Monday, April 9, 2018 6:27 PM

All replies

• No, sorry - this isn't the correct forum for your question.  This forum is for an enterprise solution to protect an organization's data by using a cloud solution called Azure Information Protection and its protection service, Azure Rights Management.  You need a forum for Windows.
    Saturday, April 21, 2018 4:03 PM