none
Downloading internet explorer to my home computer RRS feed

• Question

• i have internet explorer on my computer but i trying to do work from home and i need to have Microsoft internet explorer 5.5 to view the site that i need to work off of is there a way you can talk me through it please and thank you 
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please include links to problem websites with your questions.... No website should be asking you to use IE 5.5.... Possibly you may be a victim of a work from home scam or a fake support scam.

It is therefore VERY IMPORTANT that you tell us the web site address so we can investigate their legitimacy.

You SHOULD NOT ALLOW them to gain access to your computer, You should not open any emails they may have sent you, nor engage in phone conversations where they ask you to enter a code, so they can access your computer remotely.

Is your computer a MAC? with IE 5.5 installed? Try using Safari instead... If that does not work, your MAC computer is too old to be used on the modern Internet.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Friday, May 11, 2018 4:41 AM