App-V 5 and VDI settings RRS feed

• Question

• hi there

further to my previous questions around using App-V 5 in a VDI session, we are having a few issues around how long it takes for Apps to appear.   

So we are rebuilding the tempates/etc and I have started looking at if there is anything else that needs to be configured for App-V on it.  So far I have set the SharedContentMode and the Publishing server.    

Any other settings that people think would be useful?

thanks in advance

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:13 AM

Answers

• I don't think there are any other specific VDI settings. Depending on your approach to non-persistent desktops, you could place the PackageInstallationRoot on your write-cache location, which in theory should improve publishing performance, if that location is also persistent.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, April 14, 2013 10:50 AM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:25 AM