none
Azure AD Synced Users and Groups not Showing in Intune Portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a fully synced on-premise environment on Azure.

I have synced my on-premise AD to Azure AD and then have synced this same AD with Office 365. However the list of users and groups are not appearing in Intune portal. The intune licenses are already assigned as I have EMS license.

Appreciate some help

Thanks

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Aaqib,

User's and Group's names will not be displayed in Intune Portal by design, but you can enroll the devices directly and applications/policies/settings can be deployed to groups created in O365 portal during deployment.

Only devices enrolled with Intune will be displayed and the respective user name will be displayed in "users" tab.

For ex: My name is Meena and I have enrolled my device. So that my device details will be in the list and my user name also will be displayed in Users tab. The user name will be there even if you unenroll the device.

Meena, MDM SME

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 11:12 AM
  • Hi Meena

Thanks for your input and help.

So upon further research on this, ideally you should be able to see the groups with or without adding users. But your correct users will appear only once they have enrolled a device.

However the reason why groups dont appear now is because after some recent changes, Intune groups are all now managed via Azure AD. Basically when we try to apply a policy etc groups will show up but managing the group is entirely on Azure AD. This is what i could gather

Friday, January 13, 2017 3:51 AM
  • Yes, Groups can be managed only through Azure AD or office 365 Global admin portal.

Meena, MDM SME

Friday, January 13, 2017 4:41 AM