stop error 0X0000008E when transfering video from camcorder RRS feed

• Question

• I have never had a problem transfering video from camcorder to my PC (with IEEE 1394).  Now, as soon as I push the button to transfer it, my computer restarts immediately.   I recently installed skype and a webcam and realized that it was the problem when I unistalled my webcam and had no problem transfering video.  I updated the drivers in device manager and now I don't know what else to do since the drivers of camcorder and webcam are not compatible.  The stop error is as followed 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XF7AEECF4,OXED8B2174) .  I would like to be able to transfer video from JVC camcorder without having to uninstall my webcam each time.  What can I do????
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 5:57 AM

All replies

• Did you update your webcam drivers by using the Update Drivers button in the webcam's device manager properties window? If so, go to your webcam manufacturer's website and download the drivers from there instead. I never trust the Windows Update service for new drivers. The ones provided directly from the manufacturer are more reliable 99.9% of the time.

If you have already done this, I would consider contacting the webcam manufacturer about this so they can try to reproduce the problem and hopefully provide a fix. Failing that, get a different webcam.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 1:48 AM
  • i am having the same exact problem with windows xp and my samsung camcorder.  how did you resolve this?
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 3:50 PM