How to modify the forms for a workflow designed in SPD 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using SharePoint Foundation 2010.

I have built a workflow in SPD 2010.

In the workflow UI. It list the forms which associated to my workflow.

How can I add other forms to this workflow in SPD 2010?

Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:48 AM

Answers

• I believe you have to have at least Server Standard, because workflow forms are actually InfoPath browser forms, which requires Forms Services - part of the Server install only.  Workflow Forms are the only forms you can modify without having Enterprise, but you at least have to have Standard.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 1:26 AM
  • Workflow can have following forms associated with it:

. Initialization Form.
    . Custom Task Forms created by following workflow actions: Assign a to do item, Assign a form to a group and Collect Data From a user.

Alll above forms are generated by workflow automatically, users are not supposed to add other forms to a workflow manually.

Regards,
    Jing Wang
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 8:44 PM

All replies

• I believe you have to have at least Server Standard, because workflow forms are actually InfoPath browser forms, which requires Forms Services - part of the Server install only.  Workflow Forms are the only forms you can modify without having Enterprise, but you at least have to have Standard.

Sunday, August 22, 2010 1:26 AM
  • Workflow can have following forms associated with it:

. Initialization Form.
    . Custom Task Forms created by following workflow actions: Assign a to do item, Assign a form to a group and Collect Data From a user.

Alll above forms are generated by workflow automatically, users are not supposed to add other forms to a workflow manually.

Regards,
    Jing Wang
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 8:44 PM

You can modify the workflow forms generated in declaritive workflows in SharePoint Foundation and up. By default, they are aspx forms in all versions except Enterprise where they are InfoPath.

To the best of my knowledge Jing Wa's answer is correct. Those are the ways you can add a form to a workflow in Designer.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 2:41 AM
  • I agree with that information, but I wasn't sure that's what the OP was asking.  I thought he asked about adding other forms, not just using task assignments that create forms.  More details from the OP would be great, or if Jing Wa's answer is sufficient, then hopefully Neil will mark it as such.
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 4:15 AM
  • Yes you got my mind. I want to add a custom form to the workflow which will work with my custom action. So the form generated by SPD from default actions are not work for me. Because the custom form will include some special logic to interactive with my own actions.

Also i don't want to use VS 2010 build a more complex workflow. It's expensive to maintain a code level workflow. 

I have check the Workflow configuration file (wfconfig.xml) which is generated by SPD automatically when you publish a workflow. The defination of this file defenitely different to the file in the workflow project when we develop a workflow in Visual Studio. 

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 5:04 AM