Direct Access Can't Access IPV4 and always says "Connecting" RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Server 2012 STD for the Direct Access server and Windows 8.1 Ent for the client. I am using one network connection for the Direct Access Server and I port forwarded 443 to that server. I have green check marks for everything in the dashboard. I am using a self-signed certificate.

The client always says "connecting" in the network connection window. I can access network resources (Remote desktop into servers, access shares) but i cannot connect to intranet sites (our CRM server, share point, OWA). It seems like there is a DNS issue somewhere. DNS is on the DC on a separate machine.

If I do a Get-DaConnectionStatus, it says CouldNotContactDirectAccessServer. On the DA server, it shows that the client is connected.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 4:17 PM

All replies

• Hi

Strange behavior. If you have access to internal ressources with DirectAccess, it should work for all. One exception, if thèses ressources does not allow ICMPv4 messages (ping). In this case, DNS64/NAT64 consider that ressource is unreachable.

Can you ping them in IPv4 on LAN? If not, can you provide a log of the DirectAccess client?

BenoitS - Simple by Design http://danstoncloud.com/blogs/simplebydesign/default.aspx

Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:18 PM