none
Is it possible to change whether a resource is a budget resource? RRS feed

• Question

• If I try to edit a resource in either the browser or in MS Project, the budget field is disabled and cannot be changed, either to make a non-budget resource a budget resource or vice versa. I am aware that there are restrictions if a resource has already been assigned tasks, but this is happening with resources I have just created. 

Steps: 

• Create a new resource from the resource center via the browser
    • Name the resource "test budget resource" 
    • Leave "type" as work
    • Check the box for "budget"
    • Once the resource has been created, find it in the list of resources, select it, and click edit
    • The type drop-down, budget, and generic fields are all disabled. 

Is there a way to change the resource so that it is no longer marked as a budget resource?

This is Project Server 2016.

Mike G.

Friday, February 8, 2019 6:18 PM

All replies

• m g --

While you are in the process of creating an enterprise resource, it is possible to change any of the settings for that resource.  But if you click the Save button and then re-open the resource for editing, there are several items that are locked and cannot be change.  Specifically, it is NOT possible to change the Type, Budget, or Generic options settings.  Your only option, therefore, is to delete the resource and start over.  Sorry, but that is just how the system works.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, February 8, 2019 8:45 PM