What is missing in MS word for Legend and Cross References RRS feed

• Question

• I wonder why Microsoft did not improve the legends and cross references.

What is basic and word should have (about Legends and cross references):

1. The default option for add a cross-reference should be "Only the legend name" and not all the legend text.

2. Its not possible to add only the legend number, you can not say that: "see at figure 1, 2 and 3. " you have to say: "figure 1, figure 2 and figure 3"!! The only way to achieve that is editing the cross reference and adding: \* Arabic to the command code. So only the number appear. It was really not an easy thing to find...

3. If you insert Figure 1 at the middle of a sentence, you want it to start with small letter, not uppercase ! But word always add it as uppercase , so you have to edit it EVERY single time!I Word should know that it should be lower case .

4. How can I add a equation legend (only number) in the right of an equation? One way to achieve that is making a table, so you add the equation in the middle and the reference on the right column. But you still have to edit the reference so only the number will appear. Like: "See at equation (1):  y = x²  (1).

Why Word 2010 still do not have all this BASIC stuff?

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 1:09 PM