Outlook RRS feed

All replies

• When sending a new email, I cannot access the contacts listed in my address book
    Thursday, November 2, 2017 1:27 PM
  • Hi Larry,

What's the version of your Outlook?
    Could you please provide more details about what you mean by "cannot access the contacts listed in my address book"?

Please share the error message or the steps to reproduce the issue then our community members can help you better.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 3, 2017 2:21 AM
  • Hi Larry,

If you are not able to access the contacts listed in the address book then you can refer the following manual method:

1. Right click on Contact Folder, then select Properties 

2. Now choose Outlook Address Book tab & then click "Show this folder as an E-mail Address Book"

3. After that click OK, then stop & restart your Outlook application

If the checkbox gets grayed out, it means that you have not configured Outlook correctly. You can now open the mail profile by using applet from Control Panel. 

4. Now, start the Applet then click email account then select "view or change existing directories or address books"

5. Then, click Next. Select Outlook Address Book & then Click Remove

6. After this procedure click Add then select Additional Address Book then click Next

7. Now, select Outlook Address Book, click Next, then Next, & then finish

You can now start Outlook & please make sure the "show this folder..." checkbox which I mentioned above works now.

I have used the following procedure but I'm not sure if this works with corrupt OAB file. In some case, if your OAB file gets corrupted then you can use SysTools Address Book recovery software to recover corrupt Outlook Address Book contacts & thus save the files as PST, vCard & in CSV file format.

Hope the above solution works well!

Thanks & Regards
    Kelvin Howard

Friday, November 3, 2017 5:15 AM
  • if there is issue in connecting to addressbook service or availability service, outlook may not be able to show you address book.

Try to click the addressbook in outlook and see if you can see the contacts

Thanks & Regards Ramandeep Singh

Friday, November 3, 2017 5:47 AM