none
Digitally signing SharePoint data RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a months worth of Excel data that needs to be brought into SharePoint, modified, and then Digitally sign by three or four managers depending on a cost field.

How can this be done?  A sharepoint list cant be digitially signed and I don't know how to preload a sharepoint form library with data.

JJ

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi JJ,

I think you need to read data from list and create the forms for each item of the list to the form library with custom code.
    http://www.bizsupportonline.net/infopath2007/programmatically-create-infopath-form-console-app.htm

To ask managers to sign the form, we can create a SharePoint Designer workflow to assign a task/or send an email to related manager base on the cost field.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, July 4, 2013 7:27 AM
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 8:43 AM
  • Thank Emir,

Assuming the data is sitting in a SharePoint List already, what do you envision would trigger the action to copy the data to the Form Library?  If you have a sample or link that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JJ

Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:38 PM
  • Hi JJ,

You could create a Console Application to do this. Maybe following blog could help.

Copy list to another one. http://geekswithblogs.net/AnneBougie/archive/2009/01/23/copy-a-sharepoint-list.aspx

Create a form (for each of the list item) programmatically, you can regard to the link in my first post.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu

Friday, June 28, 2013 2:18 AM
  • Thanks again Emir,

I was able to  do something else that may work or might lead me down a bad path.

I created a new InfoPath form and promoted all the fields, especially the fields that exist on the input file.  When I added them I marked the fields as allowing users to update the fields in the Datasheet view.  Once I add an "empty" document, I can open it in the datasheet view and paste is an Excel data record.

Now, this process just has to be done quarterly and will "only" have about 450 input records.  If I create the 450 "empty" form library documents, I can paste the Excel data records into the promoted field and viola!

Do you think this will work without issues down the road?

Is there a quick way to generate the 450 "empty" documents?

Thank you again,

JJ

Friday, June 28, 2013 8:33 PM
  • Hi JJ,

A quick way is, we can create a empty form first. Then use copy and paste to create other forms from this empty form through Windows Explorer.

Thanks & regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu

Monday, July 1, 2013 2:09 AM
  • Emir (or anyone),

I add a section to my web-enabled 2010 InfoPath form including a digital signature.  When I open the form in the browser and fill in the fields and click "Click here to sign this section", I  get an alert that says "You must install the Microsoft InfoPath Digital Signature Control to be able to digitally sign this form.  Do you want to install the signing control?"  It then keeps looping the User Agreement, unchecking the "I agree" checkbox.

I found this forum advice but my SP Admin says he added the .dlls and it still did not help.  Maybe he added them to the wrong place?

http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/22422/83077.aspx#83077

Also, do these .dlls only need to be copied to the machine that is creating the web-based InfoPath form or will each user need to do this?

I'm open to an alternative way of collecting the signatures as well.

Thank you,

JJ

Friday, July 5, 2013 3:42 PM