none
Enterprise mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I tested this by creating site list via site manager in local GPO of machine and got success.

Now for eg i created site list and added microsoft.com and selected launch in IE 8 Enterprise mode.

And enabled the GPO , and when i open the microsoft.com it open in Enterprise mode, however when i goto F12 deleveloper tool i see that this website in IE 5 Default mode

Shouldnt this be in IE 8 Enterperise mode. Please add your inputs

Aamir

NA

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 2:45 PM

Answers

• Dear Harry,

I tried the way you told and it works out. but again one small query

In site list i have added contoso.com to open IE8 Document mode and when i open it in IE 11 , it does not have enterprise mode icon in the address bar, however in F12 developer Document mode it show  8 Default .

Is this fine and am i good to go

Aamir

NA

• Marked as answer by Masthanomatic Thursday, February 11, 2016 4:40 PM
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:18 PM
  • I've noticed the same behavior where the Icon does not show, but the settings are definitely being applied so I would say as long as the settings show when you hit F12 to check then you're good to go. :-)

Ha®®y

Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:31 PM

All replies

• when i open the microsoft.com it open in Enterprise mode, however when i goto F12 deleveloper tool i see that this website in IE 5 Default mode

Does the Console tab (or Network tab) give any better clues? 

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 6:26 PM
    Answerer
  • I am sorry, i did not understand what you are asking. Could you please eloborate

Thanks

NA

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 6:44 PM
  • Hi,

Firstly, Microsoft has end the support on Internet Explorer 8. Therefore, we would like to suggest you could upgrade your Internet Explorer version to Internet Explorer 11.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/End-of-IE-support

For your question, we would like to suggest you check the registry about the enterprise mode in the link below. It will help you to determine whether the site is in Enterprise mode.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn640699.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 12:52 PM
  • Hello Simon,

Thanks for the reply,

I am using IE 11 only, let me explain you in detail, the website opens in Enterprise mode only. however after website is open, i goto tool>F12 developer tool option and when i check there it has open IE5 Default mode , however i entered the same website in site list to  Launch in IE 8 enterprise mode.

correct me if wrong, i should see IE 8 enterprise mode in F12 developer tool as well

Aamir

NA

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:43 PM
  • That is expected behaviour. You are seeing it as Document Mode 5 (default) correct?

The Browser Profile will still say enterprise Mode.

Document mode is a different thing: If you are simply setting Enterprise Mode it will always show as above. Have a look at Enterprise Mode Site List Manager and see the different settings outside of plain Enterprise Mode.

You likely want to play with the Document Mode portion instead.

Try IE11 Document Mode or IE8 Document mode to see what I mean.

Ha®®y

• Proposed as answer by HarryVerge Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:31 PM
    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 3:24 PM
  • Sounds good,

will check and revert if any issues occurs

thanks

NA

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:15 PM
  • Dear Harry,

I tried the way you told and it works out. but again one small query

In site list i have added contoso.com to open IE8 Document mode and when i open it in IE 11 , it does not have enterprise mode icon in the address bar, however in F12 developer Document mode it show  8 Default .

Is this fine and am i good to go

Aamir

NA

Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:18 PM
  • I've noticed the same behavior where the Icon does not show, but the settings are definitely being applied so I would say as long as the settings show when you hit F12 to check then you're good to go. :-)

Ha®®y

Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:31 PM