Email issue for one user with one contact RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user receiving email from an email address Test@testdomain.com  If she hits reply to the email it changes the reply address to test at <testdomain>, however, she can right click the email address in the original email and click send mail and it populates to To field correctly.  It's only the one user with the one email address.  This is happening under her profile on her main computer, terminal server, and OWA.   If I have the company send an email to anyone else and try it reply works fine.  I have tried deleting the nickname file but it didn't fix the issue.  Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or has a fix?
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What is the version of your Exchange Server?

Please value on "return-path" from message header.

Besides, please follow the steps below to delete the cache:

1.  Please delete e-mail entries from OWA:

a. Login to mailbox via OWA

b. Create a new message.

c. Try to type the problematic email address and resolve from auto complete list.

d. Please highlight the name in the Auto Complete list, then press the Delete button on your keyboard.

2. Please delete the cache entries from the mailbox with MFCMAPI

a. Launch MFCMAPI on a PC where it has user’s mail profile that is not configured for Exchange Cached Mode from Outlook.

b. “Session” menu->choose “Logon and Display Store Table”->choose mail profile in jumped window

c. On the top-pane, double-click user’s mailbox and go to next window

d. In the next window->right-click “Root Container”-> select “Open Associated Content Table”

e. Scroll until you see the “Message Class” column. Right-click on the IPM.Configuration.Owa.AutocompleteCache entry and select “Delete Message”.

f. In the “Delete Item” window select "Permanent delete passing DELETE_HARD_DELETE (unrecoverable)" from the deletion style drop down box, and click OK. This will permanently delete this message.

Xiu Zhang

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Xiu Zhang Friday, June 29, 2012 7:42 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Xiu Zhang Thursday, July 5, 2012 7:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Xiu Zhang Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:32 AM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What is the version of your Exchange Server?

Please value on "return-path" from message header.

Besides, please follow the steps below to delete the cache:

1.  Please delete e-mail entries from OWA:

a. Login to mailbox via OWA

b. Create a new message.

c. Try to type the problematic email address and resolve from auto complete list.

d. Please highlight the name in the Auto Complete list, then press the Delete button on your keyboard.

2. Please delete the cache entries from the mailbox with MFCMAPI

a. Launch MFCMAPI on a PC where it has user’s mail profile that is not configured for Exchange Cached Mode from Outlook.

b. “Session” menu->choose “Logon and Display Store Table”->choose mail profile in jumped window

c. On the top-pane, double-click user’s mailbox and go to next window

d. In the next window->right-click “Root Container”-> select “Open Associated Content Table”

e. Scroll until you see the “Message Class” column. Right-click on the IPM.Configuration.Owa.AutocompleteCache entry and select “Delete Message”.

f. In the “Delete Item” window select "Permanent delete passing DELETE_HARD_DELETE (unrecoverable)" from the deletion style drop down box, and click OK. This will permanently delete this message.

Xiu Zhang

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Xiu Zhang Friday, June 29, 2012 7:42 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Xiu Zhang Thursday, July 5, 2012 7:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Xiu Zhang Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:32 AM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 7:42 AM
  • On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:01:47 +0000, Bbillings78 wrote:

>I have a user receiving email from an email address Test@testdomain.com If she hits reply to the email it changes the reply address to test at <testdomain>, however, she can right click the email address in the original email and click send mail and it populates to To field correctly. It's only the one user with the one email address. This is happening under her profile on her main computer, terminal server, and OWA. If I have the company send an email to anyone else and try it reply works fine. I have tried deleting the nickname file but it didn't fix the issue. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or has a fix?

How about checking the Contacts folder in the mailbox?

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:10 AM