none
Don't see the option: Save to your Microsoft account when setup BitLocker in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Like the title, I am trying to setup BitLocker in Windows 10 and save key to Microsoft account. However, I don't see the option: Save to your Microsoft account. My computer don't have TPM so I enabled "Require additional authentication at startup".

I posted my question in Microsoft Community; however, I am recommended to move it to TechNet Forum. 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/dont-see-the-option-save-to-your-microsoft-account/86426893-3f5e-43ad-a71b-4cdf5dd81f87

Could you please help me? Thank you so much.

Friday, June 16, 2017 8:48 AM

All replies

• I would do it manually. Just create a text file there with the key and you don't need to worry any longer.
    Friday, June 16, 2017 11:11 AM
  • Could you please tell me more details? Thank you very much.
    Friday, June 16, 2017 11:14 AM
  • rightclick c: and select "manage bitlocker". In the next menu which opens, select "backup your recovery key". Then, select "Save to a file" and select OneDrive as target drive. If one drive is not connected in explorer, connect it, first.
    • Proposed as answer by Ronald Schilf Monday, July 10, 2017 7:37 AM
    Friday, June 16, 2017 11:17 AM
  • Hi William Sáng,

Is this a domain joined machine? Are you using Microsoft Account to login the machine?

I am using the latest Windows 10 15063 Enterprise version and the "Save to your Microsoft account" option is available for me. Please update to the latest Windows 10 version and try to login with a Microsoft Account then check the symptom again or try to login with another account.

As an alternative choice, we could try to backup to Microsoft Account manually as Ronald suggested.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 19, 2017 7:23 AM