Problem with sound shortcut keys RRS feed

• Question

• On my PC (with windows 7) somehow (I am unsure why) when ever I click certain button combinations such as Shift+S or O+A my sound mutes and what I wanted to happen doesn't happen. Someone told me it has to do with shortcut keys but doesn't know how to fix it. Does anyone know how to configure/disable shortcut keys? (Yes I tried restarting)

Also it is not an new keyboard I had it since I had my PC 2 years and it just started happening

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What about other keyboard shortcut key? What about other shift+letter shortcut keys?

As Carey mentioned,  check if there's an application which is intended to assist with customizing your keyboard settings. update the driver for the keyboard.

Try another keyboard if possible, maybe a hardware issue.

Sometimes, keyboard shortcus stuck might be caused by dusty inside, so make it clean can also be helpful.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:36 AM
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:49 AM

All replies

• You need to visit the support web site of the manufacturer of your keyboard and download/install their software program that will permit you to customize your keyboard functions.

Carey Frisch

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:58 AM
  • Hi,

What about other keyboard shortcut key? What about other shift+letter shortcut keys?

As Carey mentioned,  check if there's an application which is intended to assist with customizing your keyboard settings. update the driver for the keyboard.

Try another keyboard if possible, maybe a hardware issue.

Sometimes, keyboard shortcus stuck might be caused by dusty inside, so make it clean can also be helpful.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:36 AM
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:49 AM