Vista wireless disappears and doesn't work RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very strange problem. I've had no problem with using wireless on Vista. Recently, though, Vista will boot up and not detect my Broadcom WLAN at all. Flipping the wireless switch does nothing. It's as if I never had wireless installed at all.

Although I am unable to determine what set of steps to take to reproduce the problem, I have seen the problem more than once. It might be tangentially due to Vista's sleep mode.

The only way I've been able to remedy this, believe it or not, is to play Doom 3. I'm not joking. After about 20 minutes of playing, the wireless will suddenly be detected and work (not installed, but just work).

Why could this be? Could it be that my left hand for WASD controls while playing is right on top of the wireless switch, and this somehow helps the hardware physically "connect"? Or is it the fact that graphics-intensive games heat up my laptop, and this heat remedies some kind of physical condition? Or can my laptop only use wireless if possessed by hell's demons?
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like suggest you try following troubleshooting steps:

1. Reinstall the wireless drive for Windows Vista.

2. Since it works fine in past, please try to restore the system to a previous if possible.

If these steps still do not address this problme, we recommend to contact the laptop manufacturer and check whether if any update at their sides. Maybe it caused by damaged hardware.

Hope this helps.

Monday, June 16, 2008 9:22 AM