There is already a folder with the same name as the file name you specified. - Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to get this sorted for a few weeks now to no avail, I am trying to save a document to sharepoint as a htm file which also brings along a folder with the images for the document. It has worked before for another file but since removing an existing version of the file I am trying to save it gives the error:

There is already a folder with the same name as the file name you specified. Specify a different name.

It does this regardless of the file type or file name (if have tried a lot of random things)

From what I can tell there are no versions of the page that are checked out to anybody and the version previously deleted has also been removed from the sharepoint bin.

This has really got me stuck, is there any help anyone can give?

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 10:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your description, I have a test as the followings:

1. Create a library, enable versioning for the library.

2. Create a folder in the library, upload some images into the folder.

3. Upload a htm file into the folder, and edit the properties of the file many times, there will be many versions for the file.

4. Delete a version, then edit the properties of the file again.

5. Everything worked well.

So, I could not reproduce this issue. Please check the above steps, and have a try again.

You said that it does this regardless of the file type or file name, did this issue occur for all documents in the library?

Please create a new library and test again, compare the result.

If I misunderstand your meaning, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Friday, September 9, 2016 1:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, September 12, 2016 1:50 AM
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:12 AM