Windows 7 Installation RRS feed

• Question

• That day I try to install windows 7 sp1 into a WD 160GB sata HDD and I didn't create any partition, but when I click next button, it soming out following sentence, "Windows is unable to install to the selected location. Error: 0x80300024", can i know how to fix it? thanks...
    Monday, September 26, 2011 1:42 PM

Answers

• This error usually pertains to a Windows install to partition. When booting to the Windows 7 media, choose the Advanced option. Then choose to format the disk before applying the operating system. Once the disk is formatted, the media will automagically create the system partitions for your setup and configuration. Then continue with your OS install as normal. 

Here is a guide to installing Windows 7 using the method I just mentioned. (source)

_JoeG
    Dell - Systems Integration Consultant
    Twitter: @8bits1byte 

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Miya Yao Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, October 7, 2011 2:11 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 3:14 PM

All replies

• Take a look at the thread at the following web address

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ar-SA/w7itproinstall/thread/9cad0328-10a3-423b-af29-759f801fbb9f

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Monday, September 26, 2011 3:05 PM
  • This error usually pertains to a Windows install to partition. When booting to the Windows 7 media, choose the Advanced option. Then choose to format the disk before applying the operating system. Once the disk is formatted, the media will automagically create the system partitions for your setup and configuration. Then continue with your OS install as normal. 

Here is a guide to installing Windows 7 using the method I just mentioned. (source)

_JoeG
    Dell - Systems Integration Consultant
    Twitter: @8bits1byte 

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Miya Yao Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, October 7, 2011 2:11 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 3:14 PM