Outlook 2016 Rules not Automatically Applied RRS feed

• Question

• I read several responses but it appears that, as of 11-2-2017, there hasn't been a repair from MS. Is this still broken? Should I  plan for a long talk with the Help Desk?

When I set up or re-enable a rule, it works for one <g class="gr_ gr_190 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="190" id="190">meddagein</g> the folder the first time I run it and then never again.

Thursday, November 2, 2017 6:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From the description, the rule you created in Outlook only run for once and then stopped working, correct?

How many users are affected by this issue?

Does the rule work if we manually run it?

Please first make sure you have all available updates installed for your Outlook 2016 and then test it again.

Besides, I'd recommend you try scanning and repairing your Outlook data file and then see whether this issue continues. For your convenience:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-Outlook-Data-Files-pst-and-ost-25663bc3-11ec-4412-86c4-60458afc5253

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, November 13, 2017 10:32 AM
    Friday, November 3, 2017 7:05 AM