Skype CCE with cloud PBX unanswered call RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

Recently encountered an issue with Skype CCE with cloud PBX, in that the unanswered call routing is not what it is expected.  I tried to raise a ticket on this, but slow response, so i am posting it here.

Here is the scenario:

1. I successfully install CCE, and I can make call between my local PSTN and Skype Client.

2. I use Skype for Business client on my laptop, with "Call forwarding" off and set unanswered call to "voice mail in 20 seconds".  I use my landline phone and make a call to Skype client, using its DDI number.  The Skype client rings as expected, and I leave it unanswered.  After 20 seconds, it goes into voicemail.  Good, as expected!

3. Next, I thought I should try the Skype mobile app, so I installed it on my Android phone. In the installation process, it ask for my work phone, so I key in my other Office landline number.  After installation and tried some of the GUI controls, i turn off my Android phone.

4. I repeat the steps in (2) above.  What i get is after 10 seconds of ringing on the Skype windows client, the call was routed to my other Office landline number which i entered in (3).  I double check my Skype windows client unanswered setting, and it is still go to voicemail after 20 seconds.

Why does it behave in this manner? Bug or Feature?

I did captured some traces, and my other office landline number (in step 3) did show up in the routing data, which is keep in the Skype Online database.  This is just my observation.

Thanks.

Friday, September 2, 2016 9:16 PM

All replies

• Is it possible your other Office PBX number is actually somehow answering the call, even if it appears to still be ringing?  What if you choose another mobile number as the work phone, is the experience the same?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 2:19 PM
  • I asked the same question on another forum which have more answers:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_sfb/cloud-pbx-with-pstn-stuck-forwarding-calls/f514f234-4282-4531-bf9d-c2ab0008bf37

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:18 PM