no sound/volume location is empty on a ATI RADEON EXPRESS 200M SERIES RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am desperate for help in making the sound come back to my laptop. I have a Gateway WVista32bithome premium, ATI radeon express 200m series., SIGMATEL HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CODEC 1/2/2007 VERSION 6.10.5337.0.  LOCATION 0(Internal High Definition Audio Bus)There is an icon SigmaTel and a sound, this happened after I uninstalled and installed Sigma.

Basically I see two problems that I have not been able to resolve which is the audio saying location as 0 and a damaged file in the temp download(which I cannot find since I installed IE9.

Thank you

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:50 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs)
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 4:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try disabling enhancements in sound option:

Go to control panel, sound, select speakers and properties, go to enhancements tab, disable all the enhancements, click apply.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Tuesday, June 21, 2011 5:40 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by xicagem Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:20 PM
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:25 AM
  • I did all the procedures and there is still no sounds

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:28 PM