none
Migrating Host Integration Server 2006 to 2008 Operating System RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - I need some advise about moving HIS 2006 server from 2003 32bit server to a 2008 32bit server on a VMware environment

We have VMware cloned our current 2 HIS 2006 servers and upgraded the clone to 2008 standard server

I'd like to rename the new cloned host names back to the original HIS servers once we power them off, but to do so I will need to delete the Active Directory object for it to be recreated when renaming the clones... Since HIS creates various AD objects, I'm not sure whether this process will break anything or if there are any references to GUIDs that may break as well

Current HIS:

serverA & serverB in subdomain 'production'

Cloned HIS:

serverAclone & serverBclone in subdomain 'production'

serverAclone will be renamed to serverA

serverBclone will be renamed to serverB

I'm hoping the above will be fine as currently the clones will not start up the SNABase or SNAserver as it see's the original servers as still being active.

Thank you.

Monday, July 6, 2015 8:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1. Take the serverAclone out of the AD by switching it back to Workgroup

2. Change the serverAclone name in Windows, Reboot the Server, Join the Domain again

3. Go to the SNA Manager

4. Change serverA to serverAclone

5. Restart the server (the HIS services need to be restarted)

6. If the LocalLU is the same for serverA and serverAClone, you can either only start one server or you create a new LocalLU in your CICS environment and change it in the SNA Manager.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Steve Melan - BCEE My Blog : http://stevemelan.wordpress.com

Saturday, August 15, 2015 9:15 PM