One way Audio on Calls to OCS Phone Edition RRS feed

• Question

• Just recently a client has started experiencing one way audio to OC Phone Edition.  It does not matter if the call orginate internally or externally only one way audio occurs rom external to internal. External users can not hear the internal user.

Audio on the phones works internal between Office COmmunicator and Phone Edition and Phone edition to Phone edition without issue.

They are running the latest Phone Edition release .82 from the 7/1/2010.

They have a OCS 2007 R2 Standard Edition Front End server running Windows 2008 x64
    OCS 2007 R2 Mediation Server is running on Windows 2008 x64

A Quintim Tenor DX gateway device connected to a E1.

This problem only start two days ago, as far as I am aware not changes have been made.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 4:14 AM

All replies

• I have the gateway vendor check the gateway and they can't find any configuration issue with it. I should note that the configuration has not changed in last 6 months anyway.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 8:32 AM
  • One-way audio problems through EV calls can sometimes be attributed to the Mediation server NIC configuration.  This probably isn't your root cause as it doens't make sense it would stop working after being functional for some time but it's possible something changed in the server or network to cause it.

See this blog article for more details: http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=55
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 1:57 PM
  • Also MOC client to PSTN have not been affected. Audio is possible both ways.
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:44 PM
  • Can the moderator please delete or close this inactive question.
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 9:53 AM