none
Multiside Hyper-v Cluster: Access to storage of other site

Question

• My company has a geocluster/multisite hyper-v cluster. We have 2 close Datacenters/Sites
    We have 2 hyper-v hosts on Site1, 2 hyper-v hosts on Site1, quorum in remote office.
    We have 1 HP 3PAR on Site1 and 1 HP 3PAR on Site2. We have SAN replication. We use CSV
    The design is OK and valid by Microsoft....

My questions are only for learn in depth:

1) Could hosts on site 1 access to storage on Site2 or always access storage on Site1 ??
    2) If 2 hosts on site1 are off and storage on Site2 is off, I supppose that any VM can start, not ??

Sunday, January 15, 2017 8:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Rivers75,

>>We have 1 HP 3PAR on Site1 and 1 HP 3PAR on Site2. We have SAN replication.

I assume the HP devices connected to hosts on both sites and you have added disks to cluster.

1. Host on site 1 could access storage on site 2.

2. VMs could start.

When storage are added to cluster, it is managed by cluster and all the nodes could be owner of the disk.  

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 16, 2017 2:09 AM
  • Your question really needs to be directed to HP.  On the surface, it appears you should be able to do what you are asking to do, but storage configuration in a 2012 R2 multisite cluster is completely dependent upon what the storage vendor dictates. Until you start using 2016's storage replication capability, you have to rely on the storage vendor's support for any replication and storage configuration issues.

. : | : . : | : . tim

Monday, January 16, 2017 1:46 PM
  • Hi,
    Are there any updates?
    You could mark the reply as answer if it is helpful.
    Best Regards,
    Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 30, 2017 1:34 AM