none
strange e-mail problem - exchange and office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have a strange problem with our e-mail accounts on our business. 4 mailaccounts on our domain account linked to office 365 business.

And we have another mailaccount for another company we work for.

we don't have problems with the mailaccounts linked to our office account, we can mail to each other.. sending and receving. However : this mail is coming from a thirth party mail connector ( zimbra) that is necessary to get our mails.

nevertheless everything is working fine.

i addes the second account ( company we ork for). this is an axchange account.

i can recieve mails from external people and firms. i can send e-mails to external people or firms.

Now the problem : i can't send mails internal - what means i cant forward mails from the second account to people from the first ( standard) account.

When i do : the mail is going to outbox and outlook closes itself. no error or what so ever. strange cause i am able to send to external ( for example @hotmail.com...)

is there anything that i overlook?

thanks in advance !

kind regards

Kevin

Friday, July 19, 2019 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin,

Do you mean that the Exchange account can't send mails internal?

If so, can it receive internal mail normally?

To narrow down this issue, we need to determine if this is client issue or server issue.

1. Please try exiting Outlook desktop client and see if the issue can be reproduced on the web mail.
    2. It is also suggested to start your Outlook in online mode and test then see if there is any difference. 
      a. Go to File > Account Settings.
      b. Double click your account.
      c. Uncheck the option "Use Cached Exchange Mode to download email to an Outlook data file".
      d. Restart your Outlook and test.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 22, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

Please try my suggestions and let me know the results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:13 AM
  • Hello,

all the clients have outlook (365) on there computer.

some users use different e-mail adresses and they are all in the same outlook box.

only from one domain they cant send mails to the other domain. the mail goes to the outbox and outlook closes.

recieving is not a problem.

I will give it a try and post back.

Thanks in advance !

regards,

Kevin

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 10:19 AM
  • Hi Kevin,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

Please try my suggestions and let me know the results.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, July 29, 2019 2:04 AM