JBOSS 7 support in SCOM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

Just wondering if anyone has an idea of when JBOSS 7 might come into support in the JEE management pack?

Not sure if we should sit tight or invest in something else.

Friday, November 29, 2013 2:58 PM

Answers

• From the Microsoft product team standpoint, we need to do some substantial work in the BeanSpy servlet in order for it to work with the changes in JBoss 7 (vs. JBoss 6 and the other Java app servers).  We want to do the work and get the JBoss 7 support, but it doesn't currently have a definite schedule.   At this point, I would say that JBoss 7 support is at least several months away, and it could well be longer.   Hopefully that's enough info for you to decide whether to "sit tight" or look elsewhere.

I would note that the JEE management packs for WebLogic and WebSphere were updated recently (October 2013) to support the latest versions.  WebLogic 12c is now supported, as are WebSphere 8.0/8.5.  But these did not require the substantial changes to BeanSpy that JBoss 7 requires.

Michael Kelley, Lead Program Manager, Open Source Technology Center

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:26 PM
    Saturday, November 30, 2013 2:46 PM
  • The JEE management packs are a separate package, but they were updated at the same time as UR4 was released.   See http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44576.   If you check the JBoss MP Guide, you'll see that JBoss 7 is now covered. :-)

But note that you need the updated UR4 Linux/UNIX agent in order to correctly discover JBoss 7.  So you are strongly recommended to install the UR4 agent first, then the latest version of the JEE management pack. 

• Marked as answer by JPR_Hurrah Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:02 PM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:29 AM

All replies

• From the Microsoft product team standpoint, we need to do some substantial work in the BeanSpy servlet in order for it to work with the changes in JBoss 7 (vs. JBoss 6 and the other Java app servers).  We want to do the work and get the JBoss 7 support, but it doesn't currently have a definite schedule.   At this point, I would say that JBoss 7 support is at least several months away, and it could well be longer.   Hopefully that's enough info for you to decide whether to "sit tight" or look elsewhere.

I would note that the JEE management packs for WebLogic and WebSphere were updated recently (October 2013) to support the latest versions.  WebLogic 12c is now supported, as are WebSphere 8.0/8.5.  But these did not require the substantial changes to BeanSpy that JBoss 7 requires.

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:26 PM
    Saturday, November 30, 2013 2:46 PM
  • Thanks for the answer Mr Kelley! 
    Monday, December 2, 2013 10:12 AM
  • Dont suppose you have any further info since your last post Mr K?
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:24 AM
  • Unfortunately, we don't have any further updates.  We'd like to get JBoss 7 support added, but I just don't know when it's going to happen.

Saturday, March 1, 2014 7:36 PM
  • Hello, I was curious about the status for the management pack of JBoss 7? Do you have any further update about this? Why is this taking so long? JBoss 8 has changed in beta last month. Are you also developing for JBoss 8 at the moment? 
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:33 AM
  • This sounds like there is not an actual plan to deliver JBoss 7 support in the foreseeable future. Is my assumption correct?

Cheers,

Mark

Thursday, May 8, 2014 9:07 AM
  • Any news on this topic?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ivan

Monday, July 28, 2014 2:45 PM
  • Our plan is to have management packs for JBoss 7 and JBoss 8 (Wildfly) in the October 2014 Update Rollup for OpsMgr.   This will be "Update Rollup 4" for System Center 2012 R2 in accordance with our regular quarterly update rollups.

• Proposed as answer by Ivan_Kovac Monday, July 28, 2014 4:33 PM
    Monday, July 28, 2014 4:08 PM
  • PARTY TIME!
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 10:50 AM
  • Update 4 is out....but no mention of updated JEE packs :(
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 10:17 AM
  • The JEE management packs are a separate package, but they were updated at the same time as UR4 was released.   See http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44576.   If you check the JBoss MP Guide, you'll see that JBoss 7 is now covered. :-)

But note that you need the updated UR4 Linux/UNIX agent in order to correctly discover JBoss 7.  So you are strongly recommended to install the UR4 agent first, then the latest version of the JEE management pack. 

• Marked as answer by JPR_Hurrah Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:02 PM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:29 AM
  • Awesome! I was looking at the old JEE page it seems. Thanks Michael. I'll get this set up in our sandbox!
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:54 AM
  • Is there any plan to release this for SCOM 2012 SP1? Or should we accelerate our upgrade to R2?
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:59 PM
  • As of now there are no plans to bring the new updates to JEE Management Packs to 2012 SP1.

Anurag Gupta Open Source Technology Center

Monday, November 10, 2014 5:09 PM