none
Task Updates from Timesheets are Appearing in Wrong Week RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using Project Server 2010 with weekly Timesheet entry in Single Entry Mode. We are up to date on all service packs. A resource completed his timesheet and entered 8 hours for a task for Thurs, April 11th. I have 2 problems related to the time entered in the schedule for this task:

1. The project schedule shows 8 hours of actual work for the task on Monday, April 15th, instead of Thurs, April 11th. April 15th is in a completely different workweek than April 11th. The time period in which April 15th falls was not open for time entry.

2. The project schedule shows an additional 1 hour to this task on Friday, April 12th. No hours were entered on the timesheet for this task for April 11th.

What could be causing hours to appear in the schedule that are not on the timesheet?

Thanks,

Judy

Judy Washington

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:09 PM

All replies

• This could easily happen if the PM makes a change in the plan that moves or changes actual work if you have not restricted updates to timesheets only. If you are, indeed, up to date with your patches, you will see that the timesheet record contains exactly what the resource entered.

If you believe that the above is not possible in your case, then you'll need someone to troubleshoot this with you directly. I do not think you can sort this out in a forum like this.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:27 PM
  • Hi Gary,

Thanks for the response. Updates are restricted to timesheets only, and I am certain the PM did not make any changes to the schedule. So i don't believe the scenario you describe is in play. I will contact our consultants at msPE and tell them you sent me.

;-). Thanks again.

Judy Washington

Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:45 PM
  • Gary,

Can you check your Project and Project ServerFAQs link? I got a "page not found" message when I clicked on it. Thanks.

Judy Washington

Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:50 PM
  • Gary,

Upon further research I found that my problem is most likely due to the fact that the tasks with the issue are manually scheduled tasks. I have found numerous postings about how manually scheduled tasks are not compatible with SEM.  The postings date back to 2010, and 2011, and supposedly the incompatibility issue was resolved with SP1. The thing is, none of the issues that were discussed and supposedly fixed by SP1 were exactly like the issue I'm seeing. I haven't been able to find any recent postings on the matter. My question is, What exactly was SP1 supposed to fix? Do you stil feel this forum is not the place to try to get the issue resolved now that you know it is related to manually scheduled tasks and SEM? As I said, I have been able to find a lot of postings about problems with SEM and Manually scheduled tasks, just not my exact problem and none of the postings are less than about 1 year old. Thanks.

Judy Washington

Monday, April 22, 2013 1:19 PM