Outlook profile creation (Office365 account) 100% silent is possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys/girls.

I have a account in my Office 365 env named "jhon.contoso@mydomain.com", with a enabled mailbox. I know the password this account.

Outside my domain the user "mary@anotherdomain"have the Outlook instaled in your computer.

Mary needs to access the "jhon.contoso@mydomain.com" email on your Outlook.

There's some way to deploy the jhon.contoso@mydomain.com in mary@anotherdomain Outlook 100% silent?

• Moved by Steve Fan Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:36 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Monday, January 8, 2018 5:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

By "100% silent", do you mean configure jhon.contoso@mydomain.com mailbox in Mary's Outlook without needing any user interaction? If this is the case, I'm afraid it's not possible. You have to use the user name and password to setup the account.

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:07 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Lacerda Adrecal Tuesday, February 6, 2018 12:44 PM
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 7:04 AM
  • Any update here?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 9:41 AM
  • Any update here?

Regards,

Steve Fan

I'm still trying to setup the Outlook Profile... I'll be back son. :-)
    Tuesday, January 23, 2018 3:32 PM
  • Thank you for the info.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:42 AM
  • Thank you for the info.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Maybe I will setup a new profile on a reference computer and expor the registry profile keys and import in a new computer. I will try tonight.
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 12:43 PM
  • Maybe I will setup a new profile on a reference computer and expor the registry profile keys and import in a new computer. I will try tonight. 

Thank you for the update, but I don't think this will work as password info is not saved in registry key. At least you will have to enter the password for the mailbox. Anyway, you may go ahead to have a try and let us know the result. Appreciate your time.

Regards,

Steve Fan

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, February 7, 2018 6:07 AM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:11 AM